The Barn at Raccoon Creek was an extensive renovation and enhancement project. It featured the restoration of a turn-of-the-century barn and the development of a bridal cottage, landscaped gardens and courtyards, and a single story steel building.
The Barn at Raccoon Creek is a part of the original Grant Ranch property, which dates back to 1878, when Colorado’s third governor, James B. Grant, purchased the property for sporting. Jordy Construction understood that the primary appeal of the property is its history, and preserving its character was essential to the success of this project.
The existing old white house, that originally housed workers when it was a working ranch, was demo’d to make way for the new 1,800 SF single story building to serve as the Bridal Cottage. Continuous concrete footing and stem wall were put in place establishing foundational integrity for the building.
Existing Barn and Groom’s Loft Addition
The existing 2,400 SF barn was most recently used to store golf carts, but originally housed milk cows. Numerous modifications were made including shoring, corrective and heavy timber re-frame, slab on grade, installation of fire protection systems, and a commercial kitchen to accommodate large numbers of guests for weddings and special events. A 3,000 SF two story addition was built to include a Groom’s Loft and restrooms.
Jordy built a 4,800 SF single story steel building adjacent the Clubhouse to store golf carts and other equipment for Raccoon Creek.
Throughout the entirety of this project, Jordy worked closely with Raccoon Creek Golf Course to coordinate schedules and minimize disturbances for its employees and members. The winter weather posed some challenges, but The Barn at Raccoon Creek was ready and open in time to welcome their first wedding.