Jordy Construction To Break Ground on Historic Littleton, Colo. Enhancement Project at Raccoon Creek
October 3, 2014
Public Groundbreaking Ceremony on Thursday, Oct. 9, 2014 at 11 a.m.
DENVER (October 3, 2014) – Jordy Construction is excited to announce that they are breaking ground on a new enhancement project on Littleton’s historic Raccoon Creek property. An assemblage of turn-of-the-century buildings on the property are being updated to create a new wedding and event venue called The Barn at Raccoon Creek.
A groundbreaking ceremony will be held on Thursday, Oct. 9, 2014 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. to celebrate the restoration project that will turn this historic property into a premiere wedding destination. The groundbreaking ceremony is open to the public and will feature refreshments and cupcakes from Gigi’s Cupcakes, as well as a giveaway raffle of one waived site fee for a future wedding held on location (up to a value of $5,500).
When renovation of The Barn is complete in May 2015, it will be Denver’s only historic barn venue for weddings and special events. The new venue will accommodate up to 200 guests and provide an unparalleled sense of rustic elegance. Denver’s full-service construction firm Jordy Construction will be leading restoration efforts. Jordy has a strong track record of revitalizing spaces in Colorado while paying homage to their history. Their projects have included the historic Cruise Room in the Oxford Hotel in Denver, as well as The Squeaky Bean in the historic Saddlery Building in LoDo.
“We are so proud to be revitalizing such an important part of Littleton’s heritage,” said Abby Nurre, sales director at The Barn at Raccoon Creek. “The Barn has the perfect combination of location, style and natural charm, making it ideal for a Colorado wedding. The interesting history behind the property truly makes it a one-of-a-kind, visually stunning experience unique to the Denver Metro area.”
The Barn at Raccoon Creek is a part of the original Grant Ranch property, which dates back to 1878, when the third Colorado state and first Democratic Governor, James B. Grant, purchased the property, using it as a gun and sporting club for family and friends. The property was later sold to a cattle rancher, and in 1933 was repurchased by the Grant family. Today, the property houses the popular 18-hole Raccoon Creek Golf Course, the Grove restaurant, and a clubhouse, which includes a full pro-shop. Together with the original farm buildings, the Raccoon Creek property is considered by many to be a picturesque living museum of an earlier ranch and farm life.
The groundbreaking ceremony will feature members of the Grant family, with Newell Grant speaking. Guests will have the opportunity to tour the historic property and learn more about the famous red milking barn, which will soon be used to host weddings and events. Light desserts and refreshments will be served. In addition to the raffle giveaway, the first five people in attendance at the groundbreaking ceremony who book an event at The Barn will receive 30 percent off the site fee (a savings of $1,650). For more information, visit www.thebarnatraccooncreek.com.
- Jordy Construction Breaks Ground on New LoDo Project: SugarSquare: January 20, 2017
- Jordy Construction’s Stacie Flynn Named ASPE Chapter President of the Year: July 27, 2016
- Jordy Sponsors 116th Annual Founder Banquet for the Veterans of Foreign Affairs: December 15, 2015
- Mayor Hancock announces 2015 Mayor’s Design Award Winners: October 29, 2015
- Jordy Construction Hires New Project Engineer: October 13, 2015
- Jordy Construction and BOSS Architecture Bring New Look To Rioja for 10th Anniversary: February 20, 2015
- Rioja’s New Look!: February 12, 2015
- Jordy Construction Hires New Project Manager: November 3, 2014
- Jordy Construction To Break Ground on Historic Littleton, Colo. Enhancement Project at Raccoon Creek: October 3, 2014
- Jordy Construction’s Stacie Flynn Named ASPE Denver Chapter Estimator of the Year: May 20, 2014