Jordy Construction Breaks Ground on New LoDo Project: SugarSquare
January 20, 2017
Jordy Construction, a Denver-based commercial construction firm, announced it has broken ground on SugarSquare, a new office space in Denver’s lower downtown (LoDo).
SugarSquare is the final component of the three-building ‘Sugar Block’ project begun by Urban Villages in 2003. Conceived of as an addition to the historic Sugar Building at 1530 16th St., SugarSquare fills in a longstanding gap in Denver’s urban fabric with a distinctly modern building that respects the context and rhythm of the historic Wazee streetscape.
The four-story, 10,800-square-foot building will feature an exterior façade of glass and blackened stainless steel with a green roof and amenities deck on top. Each floor will also be connected to the Sugar Building, allowing for ease of foot traffic.
“With nearly 60 years of experience in construction, our team of professionals is excited to tackle such a unique project in LoDo,” said Sean Wardroup, president of Jordy Construction. “We’re committed to maintaining the integrity of the area and delivering the project in a way that supports our client’s needs.”
Jordy Construction is working with developer Urban Villages and architect Semple Brown Design to complete the project. After excavation of the space, Jordy Construction will begin shoring and concrete foundation. Once the foundation is set, Jordy Construction will construct the building using a hybrid structural steel and precast concrete core with a metal and glass shell.
- Jordy Construction Breaks Ground on New LoDo Project: SugarSquare:
- Jordy Construction’s Stacie Flynn Named ASPE Chapter President of the Year: July 27, 2016
- Jordy Sponsors 116th Annual Founder Banquet for the Veterans of Foreign Affairs: December 15, 2015
- Mayor Hancock announces 2015 Mayor’s Design Award Winners: October 29, 2015
- Jordy Construction Hires New Project Engineer: October 13, 2015
- Jordy Construction and BOSS Architecture Bring New Look To Rioja for 10th Anniversary: February 20, 2015
- Rioja’s New Look!: February 12, 2015
- Jordy Construction Hires New Project Manager: November 3, 2014
- Jordy Construction To Break Ground on Historic Littleton, Colo. Enhancement Project at Raccoon Creek: October 3, 2014
- Jordy Construction’s Stacie Flynn Named ASPE Denver Chapter Estimator of the Year: May 20, 2014