Jordy Construction and BOSS Architecture Bring New Look To Rioja for 10th Anniversary
February 20, 2015
DENVER (February 20, 2015) – Denver-based general contractor Jordy Construction announced it has finished construction on yet another another high profile Denver restaurant – Rioja on Larimer Square in Downtown Denver. After building out the highly publicized Stoic & Genuine restaurant in Union Station with BOSS Architecture for chef Jennifer Jasinski and partner Beth Gruitch, Jordy Construction was brought on to give new life to the 10-year-old Rioja.
“It was an easy decision to use the BOSS and Jordy Construction combo for the Rioja remodel, and once again they did not disappoint,” said Rioja co-owner Beth Gruitch.
After celebrating their 10th anniversary last year, Rioja, which is located at 1431 Larimer St., shut its doors and had the interior stripped down to raw brick and studs. The goal was to give the space a new sleek, modern and luxe atmosphere. Together with BOSS Architecture, Jordy Construction completed the extensive construction project on an accelerated timeline of 3.5 weeks in order to minimize down time for the popular restaurant. Rioja re-opened on Feb. 4 of this year to excited patrons and rave reviews.
“Working with the owners of Rioja and Stoic & Genuine has been nothing short of inspirational because everyone involved was totally committed to creating spaces and experiences that enhance the Denver community,” said president of Jordy Construction Sean Wardroup. “For our part, it was important that we deliver exceptional quality on a tight timeline, and that’s where Jordy really excels. We know restaurant construction.”
The new design boosts a warm color palette with woods, gold and brass accents and rich sage green crushed velvet chairs and booths. The restaurant now features banquette seating options and a ‘residential’ style lounge, while retaining the chef-centric patron experience. The design also features a new centrally located wine display to complement Rioja’s robust wine program.
“We’ve got a fantastic new space in which to show off our cuisine. I can’t wait for everyone to see it!” added chef Jennifer Jasinski.
For more information about Rioja, visit www.riojadenver.com or call 303-820-2282.
- Jordy Construction Breaks Ground on New LoDo Project: SugarSquare: January 20, 2017
- Jordy Construction’s Stacie Flynn Named ASPE Chapter President of the Year: July 27, 2016
- Jordy Sponsors 116th Annual Founder Banquet for the Veterans of Foreign Affairs: December 15, 2015
- Mayor Hancock announces 2015 Mayor’s Design Award Winners: October 29, 2015
- Jordy Construction Hires New Project Engineer: October 13, 2015
- Jordy Construction and BOSS Architecture Bring New Look To Rioja for 10th Anniversary: February 20, 2015
- Rioja’s New Look!: February 12, 2015
- Jordy Construction Hires New Project Manager: November 3, 2014
- Jordy Construction To Break Ground on Historic Littleton, Colo. Enhancement Project at Raccoon Creek: October 3, 2014
- Jordy Construction’s Stacie Flynn Named ASPE Denver Chapter Estimator of the Year: May 20, 2014